pbVerify Home Affairs ID Verification
pbVerify ID Verification
pbVerify’s ID Verification tool is used by corporations to authenticate the identity information of South African citizens, as well as to determine whether or not they are credit active.
The validation of identity data is a course of action taken by many organisations as part of their basic credit risk management processes and policies, to the end of promoting good corporate governance.
ID verification is also used for KYC (Know Your Customer) strategies, by companies that want to ensure compliance and legitimacy of identity information.
pbVerify’s ID verification search confirms the validity of South African ID numbers, and confirms related names, as they appear on the Department of Home Affairs, (DHA) ID verification database. This is done by means of a reverse lookup process, using only an ID number.
pbVerify’s ID verification product forms part of our standard product suite and can be uploaded in batch spreadsheet or single entries, which are available after registration to any business.
- View sample:
- View Sample
- View pricing
pbVerify's ID verification offers two options: pbVerify Offline, and pbVerify Realtime.
To learn more about what each of these methods entails, take a look at the PROS and CONS for each one, below:
- Cheaper: An offline search will cost you R5.30, compared to R8.30 for an online search.
- Faster: An offline search is faster, as it does not involve connecting to the DHA database.
- Reliability: An offline search can be conducted even in the event of DHA being offline.
- Recentness: Name and deceased data is not as up to date as live (Realtime) search data (4 to 6 weeks delay).
- Live data: All data is live and up to date.
- Deceased status: Deceased data is real-time.
- Name info: Name data is 100% accurate.
- Reliability: A Realtime search cannot be conducted if DHA is offline.
pbVerify helps financial services companies become FICA compliant
FICA compliancy for financial services:
If you're a financial services company in South Africa, did you know there are steps you must take in order to become FICA compliant? You have probably heard about the legislation passed by the Financial Intelligence Centre entitled FICA – or Financial Intelligence Centre Act; the purpose of this legislation is to provide further transparency for financial services companies throughout the country in order to eradicate money laundering, scams, corruption and dishonest business practices.
- Read More:
- Open Full Article
- Published By:
Products related to: ID Verification